Sodexo is seeking an experienced Environmental Services / Custodial Manager 2 at Wabash College, located in Crawfordsville, Indiana.
Wabash College is a liberal arts college in Crawfordsville, Indiana. The campus is a traditional, residential facility with approximately 1 million gross square feet of built space and approximately 750,000 gross square feet cleaned daily. This manager leads the efforts of cleaning professionals throughout the entire campus including residential space, offices, classrooms, athletic spaces, recreational space, and others. A primary focus of this position will be to utilize inspection and accountability systems to standardize and improve cleaning services on campus.
We are looking for a candidate who:
- is a leader who develops and motivates a team to exceed the expectations of clients and customers in service and the technical execution of housekeeping system;
- possesses strong leadership skills and has the ability to work independently to drive program compliance and reach project target dates of completion;
- has 1-3 years previous leadership level custodial or housekeeping experience;
- has the ability to analyze data, present and effectively communicate to all levels within the organization related to training, leading hospital committees and change management;
- has experience effectively managing projects within agreed upon timelines;
- is proficient with computers and other technology;
- has experience with vendor and contract management, as well as union and contract negotiations; and
- has strong financial acumen and budget management experience
- Responsible for driving client and patient satisfaction scores
- Provides a clean and safe environment for students, visitors and staff
- Effectively manages the Unit Operating System
- Supports a diverse and inclusive workforce
Careers in Universities:
Working for Sodexo in Universities allows you to support students on their path to adulthood and academic success. Located on college and university campuses across the country, Sodexo creates clean, safe living and learning environments that inspire and drive success. Student success depends upon so many conditions – when they are well fed, safe, comfortable and learning in a clean, well maintained environment they are more likely to succeed.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Environmental Service/Housekeeping positions in Healthcare and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for ES/Housekeeping jobs.
Click here to learn more about our benefits:
Click here to learn more about Sodexo EVS and join our Talent Community:
Provides management oversight for Environmental Services non-exempt level staff (client and/or Sodexo employees) in the delivery of Sodexo Environmental Service Programs. Ensures Sodexo Operating Standards for Environmental Service are in place as required to consistently meet all company, client, and regulatory requirements. Responsible for non-exempt work force planning through effective scheduling, development of daily work flow assignments, training and development, and monitoring for compliance to the plan.
-Establishes a safe work environment for clients, customers and staff by ensuring equipment safety and compliance with Sodexo safety and loss prevention programs and by providing safety-related training and equipment inventory maintenance.
-Provide leadership and direction to non-exempt employees
-Coordinate/conduct employee training
-Administer Human Resource processes (hiring, performance reviews, constructive counseling, prepare work schedules, payroll, etc.)
-Interact with outside vendors
-Ensure Sodexo Operating Standards for Environmental Service are in place and consistently met.
-Develop/implement action plans for improvement in compliance with Sodexo Operating Standards as identified.
-Reviews and maintains assigned areas of the Sodexo/Client budget commitments