Sodexo Senior Living is seeking an Executive Chef 2 of Food Services in Honolulu, Hawaii.
This management level position will report directly to the General Manager and will have oversight and responsibility for day to day culinary operations for patient dining as well as retail food and catering in this account.
Sodexo provides best in class services for patient dining, retail café operations, and catering at this outstanding account.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Manages 8 direct reports and provides oversight of up to 50 employees at this unit with $2M in annual retail sales.
- Oversees all aspects of the culinary function for the retail and patient food service including purchasing, operations, waste control, and cost analysis.
- Provides an exhibition cooking demonstration for the retail area on a regular basis, and works to ensure the highest quality customer satisfaction.
- Ensures effective and efficient process management.
- Responsible for menu development and design and implementation for the café.
- Manages the Food Management System (FMS) and all Sodexo goal check standards.
- Provides training and coaching to the culinary team.
- Responsible for growing relationships with key client contacts as well as collaborating and with the client and Sodexo management team on achieving annual operational projects and goals.
- Ensures compliance with Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance.
- Assists with food cost management and labor cost at the unit.
- Ensures compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards at all levels.
- Ensures compliance to Sodexo operating policies and procedures and works to maintain those standards.
If you have the following skillsets, then we would love to hear from you:
- Culinary degree preferred
- A strong production culinary background, or food operations background ideally in the healthcare setting.
- Demonstrated experience supervising a culinary team and exceptional human resource and supervisory/management skillset, preferably in a union environment.
- Menu planning experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate and engage with multiple audiences.
- Ability to multitask and proven effectiveness in a steady volume healthcare environment.
- Strong understanding of forecasting, food cost management, purchasing, inventory and labor management concepts.
- Strong background in culinary training and development of staff.
- Ability to successfully lead and engage employees.
- Ability to creatively and effectively problem solve and manage projects.
- Strong computer skills and ability to learn proprietary software systems.
- Exceptional organizational and customer services skills.
- Servsafe certified as well as working knowledge of HACCP and experience with Health and Safety audits.
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.