Senior Software Engineer - HCM Solutions
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Dec 3, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200109534
Imagine what you could do here... At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. What inspires you? Creating something new and finding solutions to complex problems? Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple Corporate Systems team is about to embark on one of its biggest transformation initiatives. The program comprises a complete transformation of a custom built system to a cloud platform. We are looking for a Integrations Engineers to work on the Integrations track with our team of high-performing software engineers. Our teams foster a collaborative environment with creative, smart & fun people using state of the art technologies. Engineering excellence is expected. Come join us for this once in a lifetime opportunity in building solutions for Apple that has worldwide impact.
- 3-7 years of experience implementing solutions with ERP software.
- Software development experience designing and building commercial/enterprise class backend platform/components.
- Expert level skills of Core Java + Spring
- 2-4 years of experience on SaaS, Paas, RaaS solutions.
- Strong experience integrating SaaS/cloud-based ERP systems with other third-party service providers (preferably HR domain)
- 2+ years of experience with Integration tools and services.
- Understanding of web service technologies such as REST, JSON, SOAP, HTTP, SSL, SAML, WSDL.
- Ability to work in a diverse, fast-paced environment and effectively collaborating across teams.
- Strong knowledge of concurrency, scalability and fault tolerant designs.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Good Oral and written english communication skills.
- Experience building highly performing and scalable backend components (a keen eye to performance/responsiveness of the backend services is a must for this role).
- Has demonstrated past experience of building scalable RESTful Web Services
- Ability to wear multiple hats and a can-do attitude.
- Solid knowledge of application performance improvement techniques and caching solutions.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
As an Integration Engineer you will be part of the core team that builds integrations to/from a SaaS/cloud-based ERP systems both external and internal to Apple. The team would be tasked to deliver 300+ integrations across the platform which will re-define the core Business processes for Apple. Key responsibilities include: - Creating detailed integrations specifications, field mappings and designs to support the entire integration deployment lifecycle. - Make recommendations on design and implementation approaches for solutions related to HCM, Security, System Architecture and Interfaces. - Monitor scheduled integrations and develop automated management processes. - Research integration failures, perform root cause analysis and develop plans to mitigate failures in future. - Maintain tools and templates for each SaaS release/update. - Participate in communities to remain connected with Cloud Computing/SaaS solution providers. The candidate must be hands on coder doing active development and lead an onsite/offshore team. He/She should possess excellent technical leadership skills, be a pro-active solution-oriented individual with strong written and verbal communication skills. At Apple, code quality and functional quality is aways at the forefront and one of the key measures of success.
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or equivalent field plus 7+ years experience or MS/PhD degree plus 4+ years experience, or equivalent.
- - Familiarity with SQL and NoSQL DB's
- - Work experience with Document transformation using XML and XSLT
- - Working experience on building scalable RESTful Web Services
- - Familiarity with messaging platforms like Kafka is a plus
- - Implementation of an HCM solution (e.g. Workday), with demonstrated technical and integrations experience.
- - Knowledge of HR systems will be a big plus