- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of professional experience in an office / customer service setting
- 1+ years of experience with Medical Terminology
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher)
- Experience working within the healthcare industry, Hospital, Physician's office or medical setting and / or a call center environment
- Knowledge of ICD - 9 and CPT codes and Medicare / Medicaid services
- Basic / foundational proficiency with Microsoft Word (creating, saving, formatting documents) and Microsoft Outlook (ability to open and send emails)
- Flexibility to work outside standard business hours
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV / AIDS and high - risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes - based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Clinical, Administrative, Coordinator, Iselin, NJ