Northeast Nephrology Consultants
Joliet, New Lenox, Romeoville and Plainfield
Must have Renal experience. Medical Assistant Certification / Board Qualify. Experience assisting in a variety of medical procedures and strong background in medical environment. Strong communication skills and telephone manners. Strong computer skills. Experience in cast application preferred. Bilingual Spanish speaking preferred.
Principal Duties include:
- Chart Preparation.
- Collect patient information including height, weight, blood pressure, medical history, allergies, vitals, and assisting with small medical procedures.
- Gather patient notes & test results for daily schedules.
- If authorized by doctor or nurse, dispense medication therefore refill RX
- Order Procedures as requested for patient by physician
- Inventory drug cabinet
- Stock Exam rooms
- Fax and/or mail out information for patients
- Travel to other sites if needed
- Answer hospital calls for consults on in house patients.
- Sort Faxes.
- Follow up with patients who missed appointments.
- Send fluids to laboratory & follow up on status results.
- Assist the billing department & other areas where needed.
- Complies with OSHA, HIPAA & other regulatory agency standards. Participates in the in-service programs as needed.
- Front desk coverage, booking appointments, checking in and out patients when needed.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
EXPECTATIONS OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
- Provides exceptional service to all of our customers.
- Exhibits professionalism and ethical behavior at all times.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of patient information and business within the organization’s policies.
- Treats everyone with respect, courtesy, and friendliness.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of our organization.
- Communicates recommendations on improvements of policies and procedures to Clinic and Practice Manager.
- Participates in committees, discussions, and other team functions.
Ambulation, Sight, speech, hearing, lifting, manual dexterity, standing, bending, stooping, squatting
Competitive benefit package is available.
To apply, click APPLY NOW to send resume