LaPrensa Libre, a twenty-year-old weekly Spanish newspaper with distribution of 10,000 is seeking an editor. This position will be responsible for editorial content in print and online with local and national coverage pertaining to the Northwest Arkansas market area; one of the fastest growing Latino markets in the country.
This person will work closely with leadership and coworkers to determine local news to cover and to write local articles pertaining to the communities. This position will be responsible for layout of the paper, while working with supervisors and other leadership to determine the best way to serve the community.
This position will need to be engaged with the audience; and focused on building audience as well as creating distinct storytelling.
This position requires bilingual writing and translating.
This position is safety sensitive.
- Enforce editorial standards and practices
- Create and manage the news budgets and content
- Determine coverage strategy, with a focus on audience and community needs
- Develop and oversee social medial presence that includes audience engagement
- Foster a collaborative culture where ideas are encouraged at all levels
- Represent LaPrensa Libre and the Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette and ancillary products at public events
- Assist in daily/project writing and editing as needed for other publications
- Other related functions as assigned