- High school diploma or GED
- Current, nationally recognized Medical Assistant certification or registration or the ability to obtain the designation within 180 days of employment
- Current CPR and/or BLS certification or the ability to attain the certification within 30 days of employment
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor’s diagnosis of disease
- 1+ year of experience as a Medical Assistant or related experience in a medical setting
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) language proficiency
- ICD-9/10 and CPT coding experience
- Microsoft experience
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in
preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for
seniors. We're impacting 380,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in
Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted
medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group
family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to
help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at
wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus
on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a
singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a
physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for
seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients
stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them.
We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida
and look forward to continuing growth.
This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well
as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus,
Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented
evidence of vaccination, or a doctor’s diagnosis of disease.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment
where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so,
OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned
and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical
practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with
regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support
services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical
practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Certified Medical Assistant, CMA, Medical Assistant, MA, Registered Medical Assistant, RMA, Clinic, Primary Care, Adult Medicine, Ambulatory Care, Internal Medicine, Senior, Palliative Care, San Antonio, TX