To provide comprehensive, advanced, safe, satisfying and cost effective, supervised medical services for patients with emphasis on acute/same day care. All duties are in collaboration with contracted physician; services are provided under the rules regulations, and policies established by the approved job description of the State of Maryland, BPQA, HCFA, AMA, and AAMC.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Provides education and counsel appropriate to the medical needs of the patient.
- Maintains current licensure and continuing medical education credits as required by Maryland State Law.
- Communicates treatment / therapy progress with individuals who have the responsibility or control in patient care intervention.
- Refers patients to appropriate licensed physician or other health care provider as condition or circumstances warrant.
- Performs duties in accordance with established routine procedures as set forth by the State of Maryland, BPQA (Board of Physicians Quality Assurance), AMA (American Medical Association), HCFA, and AAMC policies.
- Master's Degree from an accredited Nurse Practitioner Program.
- Two (2) years of related clinical experience as a Nurse Practitioner.
- Licensed as a Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner (CRNP) by the Maryland Board of Nursing.
- Current Maryland Attestation with the Maryland Board of Nursing.
- Current American Heart Association Health Care Provider CPR certification is required.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands -
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.