Job TitleLead Dispatcher
Requisition Primary LocationMiami, Florida
Waste Connections is currently seeking for a Lead Dispatcher in the city of Miami, FL.
The Lead Dispatcher will help to organize and review the work of dispatch center staff, assisting in the technical and functional supervision of the Dispatch Center. The Lead Dispatcher will create and provide one-on-one training of new dispatchers, helping the team achieve identified goals and metrics in creating a great culture and successful operations.
A Day in the Life of Dispatcher:
- Dispatch trucks for from several lines of business.
- Process billing with customers in an efficient and accurate manner
- Enter truck information into computer system
- Approaching all encounters with employees, customers and vendors in a friendly, service-oriented manner
- Work in conjunction with other departments to resolve customer disputes & demonstrate the ability to become proficient in the use of proprietary operational systems.
- Assisting driver(s) when a pick up or delivery is in question before servicing.
- Scheduling and dispatching work to various employees and departments throughout the day.
- Demonstrate effective use of software applications, at a minimum MS Word and Excel proficient.
- Delivers services to customers in a manner that promotes goodwill. Interacts with customers daily.
- Work in a fast paced, cooperative, high call volume environment. Solicit sale of new or additional services.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Bilingual and able to read, write and speak Spanish proficiently
- 2 years of Dispatcher experience in a transportation or logistics atmosphereÂ preferred.
- Strong typing skills.
- Must have working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Etc).
- Excellent organization and communication skills, both orally and written.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle multiple priorities.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)