OptumCare Medical Group (OCMG) is medical group serving the communities within Orange and southern Los Angeles counties of beautiful Southern California. We are comprised of 15 practices with more than 90 physicians and mid-level providers. From pediatric and adolescent medicine, to adult and senior care, we strive to provide a higher level of service through our unique, patient-driven model.
At OCMG, we share what might be seen as a surprisingly simple goal: making the health system work better for everyone. We look for people who relentlessly push themselves to go farther. For these high performers, a position on a team at Optum is a natural fit. We offer more than the talent, resources and can-do culture—we offer a place to improve the lives of others while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Join us in creating a better future and you’ll soon find you’re doing your life’s best work
As a part of our continued growth, we are searching for a new Per Diem Care Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to join our team in Vista, CA.
The chosen candidate must be available to work a combination of weekday and weekend shifts. Additional shifts will be available on an as-needed basis.
Urgent Care Hours:
Monday to Friday from 5pm to 9pm.
Saturdays from 9am to 5pm.
Sundays from 10am to 5pm.
In this position you will examine, diagnose, and treat patients of all ages for acute injuries, infections, and illnesses. You will counsel and educate patients and families about acute and chronic conditions, medical concerns, or health wellness.
- Formulate diagnostic and treatment plans
- Prescribe and administer medications, therapies, suturing and splinting
- Order lab and imaging tests to determine and manage an immediate treatment plan and provides advice on follow up
- Refer appropriate tertiary care to specialists or care facilities
- Complete all documentation and paperwork in a timely manner within the electronic medical record.
- Collect, record and maintain accurate patient information
- Document items such as: appropriate chief complaint, past medical, family, and social history, review of systems, examinations, medications, allergies, assessment and plan
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.