- Master’s degree in Social Work (LMSW).
- Active SW license in the applicable state.
- 3+ years social work experience in a health care environment.
- Proficient in PC software computer skills such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and other departmental specific programs / applications.
- Experience working with geriatric and psychiatric patient populations.
- Knowledge of disease management, managed care, medical terminology, referral process, claims, and ICD-9 and CPT coding.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) language proficiency.
- Must be able to prioritize, plan, and handle multiple tasks/demands simultaneously.
- Independent problem identification/resolution and decision making skills.
- Possess planning, organizing, conflict resolution, negotiating and interpersonal skills.
Physical & Mental Requirements
: (check all that apply)
- Ability to lift up to50pounds
- Ability to push or pull heavy objects using up to 25 pounds of force
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use fine motor skills to operate office equipment and/or machinery
- Ability to properly drive and operate a company vehicle
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and/or in writing
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We’re innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We’re impacting 380,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We’ve joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: LMSW, Healthcare, CPT, ICD-9, Geriatric, Psychiatric, Cameron County, TX, Texas, Harlingen