The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. For more than 130 years we have been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity, and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services, and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
Job Summary This position will be responsible for the application and laboratory testing of our products. Results and reports generated will aid in enhancing product performance and quality. In this position, you will be responsible for the following:
* Apply paints and related products, and test physical properties
* Document observations and test results, utilizing Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Maintain PEL and Test Farm databases
* Manage several projects simultaneously
* Assist in developing new or modified test methods
* Maintain equipment
* Ensure laboratory is kept clean to ensure a safe working environment
* Adhere to all laboratory safety rules and guidelines
* Detailed oriented to the record test result is clear, concise and accurate
* Ability to analyze data
* Ability to think creatively and problem-solve
* Good verbal, written and interpersonal skills
* Self-motivated and able to work independently
* Exhibits and fosters strong team behaviors
Education & Experience:
* High School Diploma required; additional schooling (Technical, Vocational or Community College) a plus. 3-5 years of laboratory experience.