Sodexo is looking for a Group Internal Auditor to be part of a team of 30 based in Paris, Gaithersburg, London and Singapore. This is a role with international exposure and opportunity for future career progression.
Group Internal Audit reports to the Chairwoman of the Board of Directors and provides an independent and objective assessment of the level of controls and risks within the organization.
This role must office out of our Gaithersburg, MD, North American headquarters. Limited relocation assistance will be provided.
Your key responsibilities are to:
- Perform internal audits in all Sodexo activities (contract management, finance, supply chain, HR, sales, transversal strategic topics etc.) and following-up the timely implementation of corrective actions
- Conduct special audits as requested by Group Chairwoman, Chief Executive Officer, Comex members, Chief Financial Officer, including special assistance to our entities, etc…
- Develop and deliver audit output and opinions (verbal and written) on the Group’s Internal Controls including:
o Compliance with Group Policies, procedures, legal, contractual requirements and approved codes of practice
o Provide a holistic view of risk management in language the business understands
o Identify gaps in controls and risk management and share good practices and insights across Sodexo.
- Analyze root-causes of internal control deficiencies, recommend improvements to address root-causes and coach Senior Management in internal control best practices.
- Correlate the audit work to the “bigger picture” and actively identify common themes to deliver meaningful insights and appropriate context to support action.
- Write audit reports in English and present main results to local and Group management
- Build trust and partnership with the business, advise and share best practices with the various audited functions and entities
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor or Master degree in science, accounting, business, finance, engineering, internal audit from a Business or Engineering school, or significant experience at Sodexo in a management position
- Relevant certifications (CPA and/or CIA) are preferred but not required
- 5 to 15 years of work experience
- Operational, Financial, Internal/External Audit background with knowledge in cash/inventory handling, contract management, billing, health & safety, human resources etc.
- Good knowledge of Sodexo business (notably in the operations) OR solid grounding and practical international experience in auditing (either financial and/or operational)
- Strong analytical skills: ability to systematically gather information from a variety of sources, to analyze information, to draw appropriate conclusions
- Ability to write persuasive and effective reports, clearly defining findings, causes and proposing recommendations
- Fluency in English as well as one or several other languages (preferably French, Spanish, Portuguese or German)
- Ability to build relationship with Group senior management, potential to develop a strategic mindset
- Listening skills and open-mindedness towards other cultures/people
- Ambitious, proactive and positive
- Team player and autonomous
Up to 40% travel is expected to the various countries of Sodexo.
Group Internal Audit (GIA) is a global function reporting _administratively _to the Chairwoman of the Board_ and functionally to the Audit Committee. The GIA organization is established throughout 3 locations/offices. Each office has a Head of Audit (HOA), reporting to the SVP Group Internal audit, and managing of team of several auditors. The auditor reports to a Head of Regional/Functional Audit Group.
Main assisgnments include:
• Performing operational and financial audits in our entities (contract management, finance, supply chain, HR, delegation of authorities, H&S, etc.)
• Writing audit reports in English and presenting main results to local and Group management
• Executing special audits as requested by Group Chairwoman, Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officers or Chief Financial Officer, including Mergers & Acquisitions, special assistance to subsidiaries, etc.