- High School diploma or GED
- Graduate from an Accredited Medical Assistant program OR 3+ years of military trained medical assistant experience
- Current CPR card OR willing to obtain in 30 days
- OLA license or ability to obtain within 30 days
- Must possess computer skills, window based applications, organization skills
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to float to 3 other offices and travel to member homes within a designated area which includes but not limited to Las Vegas metropolitan area ( up to 20% of the time in the field). Mileage reimbursement available when traveling
- 1+ year experience in an ambulatory care setting or has completed or is actively enrolled in the MA externship program with OptumCare NV
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) language proficiency
- CD-9 and CPT coding experience
- Working knowledge of health insurance: HMO, PPO, Medicare and Medicaid
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical
practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords: Medical Assistant, EMR, healthcare, medical, primary care, internal medicine, ambulatory, clinic