1st Shift, Thursday - Friday, 5:00am - 1:30pm and Saturday - Sunday, 5:00am - 5:30pm
Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, our employees are our greatest asset and we’re always on the lookout for inspirational leaders who know how to get the best out of their team. As the Manager of Supply Chain Operations, you will be responsible for coordinating and overseeing a wide variety of production activities to successfully achieve company and customer objectives. We’ll count on your skills and years of experience to be a champion of our company values, ensuring an engaged workforce, loyal customers, efficient operations and a bright future for yourself and XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Oversee all production functions, including labor management, quality assurance and safety
- Lead and supervise the production department and staff consisting of up to 9 salaried and 500 hourly full-time and seasonal employees
- Train and evaluate employee performance; recommend or initiate hiring, promotions and transfers, or carry out disciplinary actions
- Review, generate and implement processes to meet or exceed customer expectations
- Measure work performance; compare results to objectives and take corrective actions
- Update and communicate information from regulatory agencies, company initiatives or customer requirements
- Generate and review production reports; research and resolve product discrepancies
- Proactively communicate with customers regarding production status
- Work closely with the General Manager to meet financial targets
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- 4 years of managerial/supervisory experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office and computerized scanner equipment
- Availability to work a flexible schedule as needed, including planned and unplanned overtime, which may include weekends
It’d be great if you also have:
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics or a related field
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Experience in an AS9100 or ISO environment
- Lean, Six Sigma and Continuous Process Improvement knowledge and experience
- Experience in warehousing or Third-Party Logistics (3PL)
- Ability to maintain a safe work environment by monitoring and enforcing safety procedures across all departments
- Strong problem-solving techniques and statistical analysis skills
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift objects of various shapes, sizes and weights
- Stand, sit or walk for extended periods of time
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
- Tolerate hot or cold warehouse environments
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.