Formed in 1991, Alpha Urology Group (Part of the OptumCare Network) has developed a reputation for providing quality care to communities in and around Riverside County while maintaining a positive work/life balance for our staff members. We can offer great benefits, excellent office accommodations, and an established practice with a very loyal patient base.
As a part of our continued growth, we are searching for a new Urologist to join our team, where you will be responsible for the day to day clinical care of patients. This Provider will directly manage the health of patients in conjunction with an expert team of clinicians and support staff by providing preventive evaluations and wellness education, and treatment of acute and chronic illnesses/conditions. Our physicians work together as a team, but manage their own patients. In this role, you will participate in general urology clinic and operating room activities on a full-time, exclusive basis.
In this role, you will be empowered to deliver the best quality of care for your patients, while being supported by a network of IPA Affiliates and expert teammates within Optum, the largest Provider employer in the United States.
- Examines, diagnoses and treats patients for injuries, infections and illnesses
- Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests, such as x-rays and laboratory studies; interpreting test results
- Counsels and educates patients and families about acute and chronic conditions or concerns
- Documents items such as: appropriate chief complaint, past medical, family, and social history, review of systems, examinations, medications, allergies, assessment and plan
- Formulates diagnostic and treatment plans
- Prescribes and administers medications, therapies, and procedures
- Orders lab and imaging tests to determine and manage an immediate treatment plan and provides advice on follow up
- Responsible for the coordination of care with specialists and appropriate ancillary services
- Completes all documentation and paperwork in a timely manner
- Maintains quality of care standards as defined by the practice
- Performs therapeutic procedures by administering injections and immunizations; suturing; managing wounds and infections
- Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens; giving normal growth and development information; discussing family planning; providing counseling on emotional problems of daily living; promoting wellness and health maintenance
- Manages medical and surgical emergencies
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.