The Solution Consultant is responsible for supporting sales at key customer pursuits by providing specific solution expertise. The Solution Consultant acts as the solution expert for the sales organization by assisting with delivering outcome-based messaging to customers at executive and management levels. The Solution Consultant has a broad understanding of all related products and delivery offerings from RA, partners and competitors in the designated solution area.
There are multiple positions available in the focus area of Process Control. Demonstrated Technical, Industry, or Application experience in continuous or batch processing is desired.
- Be the focal point in the defined geography for the specific solution(s), of which he/she has been designated as an expert.
- Participate in account planning and sales strategy focusing on new customer acquisition and existing customer expansion.
- Proactively facilitate and/or provide training to the sales force on the values and outcomes of specific solution(s).
- Co-operate with the sales force in promoting the solution to existing and new customers with presentations and/or demonstrations.
- Advise Technology Consultants and/or sales resources on proposal generation and validation.
- Assist sales at proposal presentations for executive level customers
- Define and articulate differentiators and values versus competition for the specific solution. Analyze competitive product lines, have knowledge of competitor's strategy, further define competitive differentiators.
- Translate competitive solutions into a RA solution that meets or exceeds customer's expectations.
- Actively seek out and participate in both formal and informal training opportunities to continuously develop technical skills.
- Provide product gap and development feedback for specific solutions to the appropriate organizations.
- Share insights with regional and global peers.
- Focus on opportunities that support Rockwell Automation's strategy.
- Understand business models, organization, and go to market strategy, leverage where appropriate
- Knowledge of industry strategies.
- Familiarity with outcome-based selling.
- Shares industry knowledge of customers based on their key drivers at the appropriate role level with new and existing customers
- Keep sales and customer relationship management data up to date in local agreed upon tools such as SFA, optimizing by using these tools consistently.
EOE, M/F/Disable, Vet
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering/technical related field or equivalent experience.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Able to articulate value of the larger Rockwell Automation application solution, without the need to demonstrate individual products with hands-on demonstrations
- Strong solution and application expertise, and related demonstrated sales experience.
- Fluency in native language and strong command of English (written & spoken).
- Ability to work with and gain confidence of senior level personnel (internal and external) in a highly collaborative, matrixed stakeholder organization.
- Ability to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Ability to align and influence critical stakeholders.
- Strong support of customer centricity. Understands the importance of demonstrating concern for satisfying customers. Passionate about developing goals to improve our customer experience.
- Ability to set, be accountable for and achieve challenging sales targets.
- Ability to influence, empower, coach and motivate others.
- Ability to adapt communication style and messaging to different audiences.
This is a summary of the position's responsibilities and does not reflect the entire scope of work expectations.
Global Sales & Marketing
Sales, Services, and Solutions
No. of Positions:
Denver - Colorado
Over centuries, the world has evolved and advanced. New innovations change how we work. How we live. How things get made.
The next industrial evolution is here - a new test of intelligence for humans and machines. Where breakthroughs are hard-won and success requires sifting through overwhelming data for insights, clarity and confidence.
Rather than fearing change, we embrace its possibilities. We know how to connect the imaginations of people with the potential of machines to make the world work better. More intelligent. More connected. More productive.
We stand with the problem solvers, the builders, the makers, the innovators because we belong to that community. And we stand ready to lead the way. At Rockwell Automation, we are expanding human possibility.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).