Location: 6501-Georgia Hauling
Job TitleDiesel Mechanic
Requisition Primary LocationAcworth, Georgia
We are looking for an experienced Diesel Mechanic to join the team at our Hauling location in Acworth,GA. This position will work the 2nd shift: 1:00pm-Midnight Monday through Friday.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform repairs and assigned preventative maintenance services. Performs inspections, diagnosis, and repair of electrical, hydraulics, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilize vehicle computer electronic systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Complete required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes, or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
- Typical schedule is Monday-Friday, occasional Saturdays as needed.
- Minimum 5 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Must provide own personal tools.
- Valid Class B CDL with air brakes endorsement preferred.
- Welding/fabrication experience a huge plus!
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)Â