|Skagit Valley Family YMCA
|Existing work authorization required for United States
|Direct Hire, Full-Time
Dental Insurance -
Disability Insurance -
Health Insurance -
Paid Sick Leave -
Paid Training -
Paid Vacation -
|Relocation assistance provided
Management - Director
|in same country
English - Fluent
|Cover letter required
No questions which require answers when applying for this job posting.
| / Latpro-3733636
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides leadership, oversees and manages the strategic short and long term financial operations of the organization, investments, and information systems and helps evaluate opportunities to ensure steady growth and the fiscal strength of the organization. Ensures a system of strong internal controls by overseeing POS systems, accounting practices, the maintenance of its fiscal records, and the preparation of its financial reports. Manages the annual external audit, the 990 tax return and the preparation of information for outside funders. The position is responsible for helping to develop and meet strategic initiatives with the CEO and the senior leadership team.
OUR CULTURE: Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: We are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: We value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: We believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: We support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: Above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Hires, trains, supervises and manages all accounting and finance dept. personnel and budgets, including accounts payable and receivable, grants management and general accounting areas
- Maintains an accounting system to accomplish the proper recording and reporting of all operations, transactions, assets and liabilities of the YMCA for all funds
- Monitors financial and bank account balances
- Coordinates and oversees Point of Sale software in Membership and Childcare
- Coordinates and supervises operating cash flow
- Oversee accounting, reporting, and predictive budgeting of Association revenue
- Serves as resource person to management and program personnel in all matters relating to accounting and budgeting
- Provides support in negotiating contracts and ensures due diligence for local vendors
- Reconciles Monthly Drafts
- Supervises or prepares reconciliations of all YMCA bank accounts on a monthly basis
- Prepares financial statements required by management, the Board, and outside agencies
- Maintains records, and prepare various internal and external reports, including reports for various federal and state agencies
- Coordinates outside Accountant preparation of the IRS Form 990 tax return
- Facilitates key functions such as annual independent audit
- Maintains records and supervises the preparation of reports
- Develops and maintains key relationships, including with banks and insurers and
- Conducts special internal audits, accounting studies, analyses and cost studies as required; Provides recommendations
- Works closely with IT staff to ensure that computer and software systems provide accurate information and adequate internal controls
- Process L&I claims
- Performs other duties as assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer, and other office equipment, for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using phone and electronic devices.
- The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be able to move around the work environment. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- The employee will be regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve non-routine and complex problems; may use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks and work under intensive deadlines with frequent interruptions.
- The employee must be able to interact with members, staff, volunteers, and others encountered in the course of work, some of whom may be dissatisfied individuals.
- This is an exempt position with the expectation of a 40-hour work week, but longer hours may be necessary.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant preferred
- Five years of experience or more in a supervisory accounting role
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent
- Understanding of and experience in GAAP are required
- Experience in a not-for-profit environment is preferred
- Knowledge of banks, banking systems and cash management
- Knowledge of and expertise with computerized accounting systems
- Ability to develop and use spreadsheets and standard business software systems
- Previous experience with diverse populations preferred
- Satisfactory credit background check is required due to access to bank information, payment processing and position of trust
- Fluency in second language preferred
- Ability to exercise sensitivity in dealing with individuals of diverse socio-economic backgrounds, cognitive and physical abilities as well as individuals of diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply for this executive-level position. Please send your resume, cover letter and letters of reference.