Do you have a craving for a new culinary career in a beautiful showcase account with an opportunity to express your creative side?
Sodexo Corporate Services is seeking an Executive Chef 2 for the global headquarters of a technology company. This location is a large high profile showcase account located in Morris Plains, NJ! This is an opportunity for individuals who thrive in a fast paced environment. The Executive Chef 2 will be responsible for all aspects of operating a large food & beverage operation from menu creation, to food cost, to financial responsibilities and labor cost. The best qualified candidate will have excellent leadership experience as the Executive Chef 2 will oversee the development of hourly culinary employees. They will have a focus on safety and sanitation and quality and standards.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Skills to help elevate our dining program to the next level.
- Knowledge of sustainability, have experience with purchasing, menu planning and development to include cycle menus.
- Be well versed in international cuisine, health and wellness, and gourmet catering cuisines.
- Experience with On-line systems of food management preferred (Sodexo systems of SMG, DRIVE, and UFS).
- Strong culinary and BOH leadership – manage and mentor kitchen staff: Food Safety focus a must with Training in HACCP.
- Union experience a plus
- Bilingual spanish preferred
This position offers a traditional Business and Industry, predominantly Monday through Friday, schedule, with some evening events. Sound like the opportunity you've been searching for? Apply today to grow with Sodexo, a world leader in Quality of Life Services!
About the location:
Our services support an upscale gourmet dining facility with multiple revenue centers. The current landscape includes a complex, fast paced environment. Our scope of responsibility includes 1 main café, a starbucks, and catering operations just over 2 million. Our focus is on quality, expertise, innovation, and customer service.
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.