As part of the Strategic Planning and Decision Support team, independently conducts research and analysis for the development and monitoring of strategic business plans, clinical and financial decision support, and business development opportunities for the Health System. Assists the Business Development Team and Service Line leaders in all aspects of program evaluation, performance assessment, metric development, monitoring and implementing strategic business plans, as well as monitoring current business performance. Provides high level, polished reports, presentations, or summaries of clinical and financial data to assist Department and Service Line leaders in running an efficient business.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Works with leaders to define data and reporting needs, including planning, developing, managing, and operationalizing regular reports and critical projects.
- Independently manages key projects with minimal direction, understands operational requirements for projects, summarizes team ideas, develops plans and oversees completion of tasks.
- Abstracts and manipulates clinical, financial, and environmental data from AAMC's data warehouse and other sources.
- Analyzes complex data and distills into relevant information. Serves as a resource to others in data collection and evaluation.
- Creates sophisticated written reports, presentations, and other deliverables with minimal oversight, including providing recommendations on findings to leaders.
- Conducts research, develops business models and writes persuasive business plans utilizing various data sets and background information to answer questions, compare options and support good decision-making.
- Responsible for giving presentations and leading meetings on the team's projects, including strategy, planning, budget, market assessment and more.
- Facilitates or assists in facilitation of strategic planning events, budget planning sessions, or other business meetings, as needed
- Collaborates with internal and external teams.
- Spurs innovative thinking about new processes and business opportunities.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Preferred: Master's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Five or more years of related experience in health care.
- Advanced computer skills required in word processing, Excel, database management, computer coding (SQL).
- Excellent analytical, written, interpersonal, independent thinking and communication skills required.
- Detail oriented.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands -
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.