Location: 6126-Carolina Waste Hauling
Job TitleDriver Helper
Requisition Primary LocationNorth Charleston, South Carolina
Carolina Waste is looking for a safety conscious Driver Helper to join the team at our location in North Charleston, SC.
The Helper position is responsible for helping the driver of a garbage truck on specified routes to manually collect solid waste and transport it to appropriate disposal sites.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ride on garbage truck to assist the Driver service customers - will load refuse bags and bring containers to the truck for proper disposal.
- Directing the truck driver when backing
- Assisting with vehicle maintenance
- Operate packing mechanisms and levers to activate the loading arm
- Clean the packer blade and truck body
- Deliver positive customer service interactions
- Monday-Friday day shift starting around 5:30 AM, with occasional Saturdays.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts. Which require following basic safety precautions.
- The employee is exposed to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration. Noise level is usually moderate.
Apply today and Connect with Your Future!
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)Â