Sensor Calibration & Instrumentation Engineer- Input Devices
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Mar 23, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200160269
Apple designs consumer electronics that have touched millions and changed the way people interact with electronic devices around the world. The Sensor Calibration & Instrumentation Group plays a key role in keeping up quality standards, and through work with the team, you'll have the unique opportunity to impact products all across Apple. We are looking for an engineer who will be directly responsible for the validation and implementation of instrumentation systems for input devices and sensors. This engineer will work closely with the validation and design groups to ensure the success of current and future Apple products.
- Professional experience designing, debugging and working with electromechanical systems
- Working knowledge of transducers (force, pressure, acoustic and acceleration sensors)
- Familiarity programming in one or more of the following: C/C++/Objective-C
- Knowledge of digital signal processing (DSP) control systems
- ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to read schematics, and debug PCBA
- Experience with test automation and optimization
- Experience working with vibration systems
- Experience with high volume consumer electronics
- Ability to apply innovative simple solutions to complex problems
- Experience plotting and processing data in JMP/MATLAB/Python
- Experience data mining large data sets in JMP/MATLAB/Python
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
You will lead the validation and deployment of automated equipment to test input device performance and calibrate input device sensors for Apple new product introduction (NPI). This position requires you to analyze large amounts of sensor data and adopt data-driven approach to solving engineering challenges You will debug automated systems to test sensors, and architect hardware to validate, calibrate and maintain the systems through production Debug from the system level down to the component level YOU WILL MAINTAIN, OPTIMIZE AND DEBUG SOFTWARE IN C/C++/OBJECTIVE-C You will validate and implement calibration and performance verification systems throughout the NPI cycle
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Electrical Engineering 1+ years of professional experience (3+ preferred)
- Apple's most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We're proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount - both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company's success. You'll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.