This Field Sales Administrator supports the Rockwell Automation vision, mission and values by supporting sales initiatives, maintaining relationships with customers, and providing assistance to other fellow employees.
Responsible for overall support for the Global Sales and Marketing team, including: facility needs, mail and shipping, office supply and Insight peripheral orders, coordination of evacuation processes, and other project work. This position also provides back-up support to other administrative assistants and their executives administrators and the larger regional team. This position provides sales support to impact and achieve office sales goals while functioning effectively in a team environment.
The person in this role would coordinate the day-to-day physical operations of the office and support the sales and solutions personnel-frequently interacting with peers and internal (or external) customers to exchange and present factual information. The role also entails challenging assignments that require good judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations.
- Welcome and direct visitors; monitor entry and access including buzzing in guests and deliveries, managing sign in/sign out, and assigning guest badges and Wi-Fi access as appropriate.
- EHS support for office.
- Compile reports and analyze data; develop presentation or document to share findings.
- Develop/modify PowerPoint/Excel presentations for territory meetings or as needed.
- Coordinate internal/external meetings, small events; assist with some travel around meeting logistics.
- Manage on site conference rooms (set up for meetings, resolve scheduling conflicts).
- Manage/schedule priorities for the regional team through effective calendar management.
- Support basic office function, including but not limited to vendor selection and accounts payable for local facility costs.
- Process improvement team participation (both member and leader of teams).
- Make decisions and take action on behalf of managers supported during their absence, using initiative and judgment to see that opportunities requiring attention satisfy customer requests.
- Answer and direct main incoming phone line for local sales office and provide first line of response and support for inquiries/issues from sales team, distributors and customers.
EOE, M/F/Disable, Vet
- Minimum 2 or more years of experience in an administrative role, preferably within sales or operational related field.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Bachelor's Degree or an Associate's Degree, preferably in Engineering related field.
- Microsoft 365 Office Suite experience, including Microsoft Excel, PPT and Word.
- Proficient in using e-mail, Outlook experience preferred.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; fluent in speaking and writing in English.
- Ability to:
- Problem-solve and respond to unique situations in the appropriate manner.
- Conduct research and analysis; summarize and share with key stakeholders.
- Take initiative and use sound judgment, when faced with ambiguity, to complete tasks in an innovative way.
- Be responsive, proactive and provide attention to detail.
- Perceive the purpose of a project and work towards the end goal.
- Experience with SAP and SharePoint a plus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if appropriate.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Global Sales & Marketing
Sales, Services, and Solutions
No. of Positions:
Portland - Oregon
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell Automation employs approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries. To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).
See job description