The Material Coordinator is responsible for planning, scheduling, monitoring and coordinating the products and materials including assembly of system cabinets at selected panel shops through all the production phases, in accordance with the necessary approved documentation and to meet the published assembly schedules. Communication between Project management, Site Leads, Procurement and remote Panel Shops along with the in-house Warehouse and Test Teams is critical. Reviews schedules to determine materials and parts requirements to ensure materials are available according to schedules and general office administrative support.
- Responsible for meeting project schedules, assembly hour budgets, and customer satisfaction targets in support of the project team.
- Based on the manufacturing schedules, assesses the availability of critical BOM material to start cabinet assemblies.
- Provides updated reports, spreadsheets to the operations manager and operations team lead, project manager, engineering managers, and technicians detailing status of assembly progress along with corrective action on material issues.
- Provides a key interface between project management, procurement, site leads, panel shops and test teams.
- Builds relationships at the technical level with Rockwell suppliers at manufacturing locations.
- Providing security and accountability of inventory through transaction documentation, process and procedure verification, and system review.
- Tracks and provides daily updates and proactively communications with the operations manager, operations team lead, project administrators, project managers, and technicians pertaining to status of the shipping and receiving, parts, inventory locations, etc.
- Responsible for following all applicable corporate, company, governmental and regulatory policies and procedures as appropriate for this position.
- Completes other tasks as needed.
- Responsible for part planning and scheduling functions and coordinating with the operations manager and operations team lead and Project manager.
- Manages inventory control for the facility including the process and cycle counting.
- Coordinates with other departments as necessary to satisfy project requirements.
- May assist with other projects and tasks as required.
- Supports an environment conducive to successful team interaction.
- Interacts with project management, hardware design, purchasing, and assembly personnel in support of project efforts.
- Supports an environment conducive to customer satisfaction.
- Communicates proactively and timely about material and part shortages and provides proactive communications regarding project material statuses to operations manager, operations team lead, project administrators, project managers, and technicians.
- Responsible for meeting project schedule, engineering hour budgets, and customer satisfaction targets for own activities in support of the project team.
- Responsible for following all applicable corporate, company, governmental and regulatory policies and procedures as appropriate for the position.
- Responsible for completing and maintaining any required training.
- Assists, monitors, and strictly adheres to company safety/security programs and policies.
- Ensures compliance with government health and safety regulations including participation in employee training in emergency response, lift safety, industrial hygiene, and chemical and fire hazards, conducting safety surveys and recommending corrective action where occupational hazards exist, responding to emergencies and investigating accidents and recommends corrective action and maintaining safe and clean housekeeping practices within assigned work areas.
- Up to 1 year of technical school work
- Must be available and willing to work overtime as needed to meet customer project commitments.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen per customer requirements
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience in production planning and scheduling, material handling, shipping and receiving, inventory control, and stocking items.
- Associates degree in business, operations, or related field
- Previous experience in Material and Inventory control.
- Previous experience in Data Management.
- Must be Knowledgeable in materials and parts management.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Must perform duties in the office as part of a project team.
- Experience in SAP and IFS
Control Products and Solutions
No. of Positions:
Twinsburg - Ohio
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell Automation employs approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries. To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).