The Enterprise Account Manager represents Rockwell Automation's comprehensive product and solution portfolio to an Enterprise Account customer who has made a substantial business commitment. This individual is responsible for global partnership development with the Enterprise Account's corporate influence points and can articulate Rockwell Automation's value propositions at an executive customer level. They are accountable for regular communications and extended team leadership enabling worldwide geographic Rockwell Automation sales/support to increase the scope of our product line & services penetration. Facilitates communications between the Enterprise Account and the Rockwell Automation Product Groups/Business Unit
EOE, M/F/Disable, Vet
- Represent all of Rockwell Automation's products & services well (capable breadth), and periodically must augment skills with additional competency to support customer-critical products & services (selective depth)
- Interact comfortably with the Enterprise Account at senior management & executive levels and convey Rockwell Automation's products & services in a manner that demonstrates tangible economic value, linked to customer business drivers and key performance indicators, and based upon elements of competitive advantage, strategic positioning, shared goals & risks and profitability impact.
- Effectively promote business growth through indirect management of extended teams, affording a balanced selling effort at multiple customer levels of the Enterprise Account. Must be able to team with, find compromise, and build consensus with Field Sales Management, during the process of leveraging the extended geographic sales team.
- Develop a trust-based, mutually beneficial relationship with principal customer sponsors of the Enterprise Account. Must mature and formalize Enterprise Account relationship expectations and address all Rockwell Automation products & services with a growth strategy for each that maximizes "customer share" across all global regions.
- Ensure that the Enterprise Account has access to all Rockwell Automation resources by establishing excellent working relationships with the product groups/business units, geographic sales management, international and senior management.
- Participate in the Enterprise Account's manufacturing, planning, and implementation teams to provide control/information input at an early stage, and via this participation, recommend strategies/tactics to Rockwell Automation that will benefit the Enterprise Account.
- Provide the annual plan for the Enterprise Account in coordination and cooperation with geographic Rockwell Automation sales/support offices world-wide and communicate this plan within Rockwell Automation and to the Enterprise Account, including regular progress throughout the year.
- Work with the Enterprise Account to expand Rockwell Automation's presence globally, and to deliver consistently across geographic boundaries.
- Must be willing to travel to personally communicate Enterprise Account relationship objectives to extended teams, and to engage in strategic Global Account growth opportunities directly with remote resources.
- With Enterprise Account active participation and approval, must periodically define mutually agreeable opportunities to leverage Enterprise Account applications or solutions and communicate/publish these successes as 'reference stories' for industry/global selling efforts.
- Ensures through familiarity with company policies and procedures. Appropriately applies policies and procedures in compliance with government laws.
- Policies and procedures include, but not limited to: Standards of Business Conduct, Intellectual Property, Control Environment, Information Protection, ISO 9000 & 14000, government regulations (e.g. health, safety, quality and environmental).
- Bachelors degre
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally 50% of time.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
This is a summary of the position's responsibilities and does not reflect the entire scope of work expectations.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering discipline.
- Valid driver's license.
- Additional business related degree/experience preferred.
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Prior experience in technical sales, industrial distribution, systems integration or an engineering firm, or graduate of the Rockwell Automation Sales Training Program.
- Applied experience in one or more areas related to selling control/information solutions into our target industries, or supporting same, and/or production/process engineering experience, manufacturing operations experience or similar work, either from within the Rockwell Automation organization or in similar industry.
- Ability to sell at the senior management & executive levels, and convey Rockwell Automation's products & services in a manner which demonstrate tangible economic value.
- Global sales experience preferred.
- Industry Experience.
- Working knowledge of Industry 4.0 and Internet of Things technologies.
- IOT / IIOT / Software / Annual Recurring Revenue-Subscription model type of experience.
- Working with all levels of a manufacturing enterprise - CxO, operations leadership, technical leadership, plant leadership and OEM machine builders.
- Demonstrated ability to sell at the senior management & executive levels, focusing on the business outcomes and demonstrating the tangible economic value of our products, information software & service.
Global Sales & Marketing
Sales, Services, and Solutions
No. of Positions:
Seattle - Washington
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell Automation employs approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries. To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).
See job description