Location: 6375-Blue Ridge Landfill
Job TitleHeavy Equipment Mechanic
Requisition Primary LocationChambersburg, Pennsylvania
We are currently hiringÂ a Heavy Equipment MechanicÂ to join our team at the Blue Ridge Landfill in Chambersburg, PA.Â In this position you willÂ primarily be working on our Heavy Equipment (CAT) and large Diesel Trucks.Â Heavy Equipment MechanicsÂ interested in secure, steady employment in a family atmosphere are encouraged to apply.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform repairs and assigned preventative maintenance services.
- Performs inspections, diagnosis, and repair of powertrain, electrical and hydraulic systems on heavy equipment, such as dozers, compactors, excavators, ADTâs, etc.
- Perform power washing on heavy equipment during routine preventative maintenance.
- Complete required paperwork utilizing equipment maintenance software program associated with repairing equipment, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews and completes repairs identified on Daily Inspection Reports.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns that may take place in the landfill.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
- Typical schedule is Monday-Friday and typically every other Saturday, or as needed.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment may be indoors in a shop, or outdoors to repair equipment in the field.
- Usually well-lighted and ventilated.
- Sometimes necessary to work in awkward or tight positions and to handle greasy or dirty tools. These factors require following basic safety precautions.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of two yearsâ experience in heavy equipment maintenance and repair.
- Must provide own personal tools.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Welding/fabrication experience aÂ huge plus!
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)