Display Perceptual Image Processing Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Oct 7, 2019
Role Number: 200109807
The display "visual experience" team is looking for an enthusiastic perceptual image processing engineer to lead the development of cutting-edge color imaging solutions and technologies for future Apple products. This position is focusing on the development, prototyping, and seamless execution of technologies to enable the best front-of-screen user experience of Apple products including iPhone, iPad, Watch, Mac and more. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that fosters engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation in the interdisciplinary areas of image processing, color science, vision science, optics, etc. Come and join us to make a dent in the universe.
- Strong engineering background in image processing.
- Strong knowledge of the human vision system.
- Knowledge of display stack-up and basic optical design.
- Prior hands-on experience of bringing new algorithm into product though prototyping, and cross-functional efforts. Proficiency MATLAB or similar simulation and modeling tools.
- Strong analytical & critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience of designing and conducting human perceptual related experiment.
- Experience in SDK programming for hardware interface.
- Experience in developing app for iOS.
Develop advanced image processing algorithms to improve the user experience. Optimize the key characteristics of the display for various vision conditions and for various viewing conditions. Explore novel display application and feature by display module and sensor integration. Demonstrate the feasibility of new display system through computer modeling and prototyping. Guide and provide teams feature and spec input for display image quality definition.
Education & Experience
M.S. or Ph.D. in Imaging, Color, Vision, Computer, Optics Science, EE or equivalent with 3+ years of experience in related field.