Camera Algorithm Development - Camera Hardware
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Oct 11, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200112031
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that sets the standard in developing excellence, creativity and innovation. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products? The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for all research, design, development, test and qualification of camera hardware and software for Apple products. The team is looking for an extraordinary Camera Algorithm Development Engineer to help design, develop, and launch next generation cameras and related technologies.
- Camera algorithm development with experience in some of the following technologies: Auto Exposure; Auto Focus; Auto White Balance; Anti Flicker; Tone Mapping; Compression.
- You will have a strong foundation in image science and human visual perception
- Experience in system level design and architecture with demonstrated background in driving optimal HW/SW/FW system partitioning
- You will possess multi-disciplinary understanding of EE, CE and Physics principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and solid teamwork and leadership skills.
- Solid proficiency in MATLAB, C, RToS, ARM architectures
Conceive and prototype next generation camera algorithms Perform bench-marking and comparative analysis to support direction and development priorities Perform tuning and optimization based on existing and new figures of merit System constraint discovery and optimization Guide HW/SW/FW system partitioning
Education & Experience
Master's in Electrical Engineering, CS/CE or industry experience equivalent