Sr. Software Engineer, Video Playback
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Feb 19, 2020
Role Number: 200150427
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Core Technologies team of the Video Applications group is seeking a highly competent real-time video software engineer to develop complex real-time video playback, compositing, and editing software for Final Cut Pro X and other video applications.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Superior C/C++ programming skill and are comfortable working with large code base
- Significant development and debugging experience with real-time video playback
- Deep understanding of video effects processing and compositing, multi-threaded software, and performance analysis & optimization
- Superb communicator
- Understanding of compressed video formats is highly desirable
This is an extraordinary opportunity to join the Final Cut Pro X playback engine team to extend and maintain our industry-leading real-time video processing, effects, and compositing engine. You will collaborate with several engineering sub-teams within the organization to define and implement leading edge features, and analyze and solve complex performance issues. You will go beyond industry norm and demonstrate creativity in problem solving, think dynamically outside of standard convention, and adapt quickly to new technical environments. We promote innovation to improve our product performance and stay deeply focused on delighting our users. Come join us!
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or related field. PhD preferred.