Posted: Feb 19, 2020
At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Would you like to work in an energizing environment where your abilities will be challenged on a day-to-day basis?
If you are passionate about innovating to deliver insights through large-scale data solutions, then Apple's Global Business Intelligence Application Lead role is for you. Work with a team of committed Data Analytics professionals, applying your standout combination of intuition for business and technical knowledge.
We lead enterprise data stores with petabytes of data, process billions of rows of data in batch and real-time to provide solutions to our users helping them gain insight and to make informed business decisions. The Global Business Intelligence team provides data services, analytics, reporting and data science solutions to Apple's business groups including Retail, iTunes, Marketing, AppleCare, Operations, Finance and Sales. We use diverse technology stacks such as Teradata, HANA, Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra and beyond. Crafting, developing and scaling these Big Data technologies is a core part of our daily job.
- Extensive understanding of global corporate business processes and their relationship to technology
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Able to communicate and influence across disparate groups and levels in the organization
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Thrive in a dynamic environment, maintaining composure and a positive attitude
- Demonstrable understanding of development processes and agile methodologies
- Successful track record managing solutions from requirements analysis, to feature definition to deployment and throughout out its usable life
- Proactively initiates, develops, and maintains effective working relationships with team members
- The successful interaction with teams in an on/off shore model is important
- Knowledge of one or more database technologies (Teradata, Oracle, Hadoop) and experienced in Cloud Technologies
- Experience with business analytics products like Tableau
- Proficiency in writing Advanced SQLs, experience with data science and machine learning tools and technologies is a plus
You will be responsible for ownership of one or more applications. You will work with business partners to understand their goals and requirements and will define application features and strategic roadmaps to meet those needs, in addition, you will be encouraged to keep abreast of, and plan for, technology changes as applicable to your solution landscape and industry standard methodologies. You will have overall ownership of application features and will drive engineering teams in building them.
Apple is looking for an Application Lead to join our team. You will engage directly with key business partners to build positive relationships and understand their business strategies and solution needs. You will build and own solution roadmaps, and design and deliver high quality, scalable and resilient business solutions. You will need to translate complex business requirements into scalable technical solutions that meet these needs and are in line with the solution's strategic roadmap. The BI Application Lead will lead a strong engineering team in building to the roadmap and delivering to quality focused development standards. You should have application delivery experience, and be equally relaxed working with the business and driving technical design discussions. You should be passionate about data and its nuances.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree, experience in Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence space