Posted: Oct 22, 2019
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we create and build products and experiences that people once couldn't have envisioned and now can't imagine living without.
If you're excited by the idea of making a real impact, and joining a team where we pride ourselves in being one of the most diverse and expansive companies in the world, a career with Apple might be your dream job.
We are seeking a Manager of Operations and Team Development for the SRE Team in Apple Cloud Services. This role is a mixture of people, messaging, coordination, and up-leveling the organizations skill set.
This position requires a tenacious self-starter who can take initiative to tackle problems independently while being organized and analytical. This person will have the strong business judgment and interpersonal skills needed to work well with a variety of people across multiple job functions and levels. If you love what you do and have the desire to be an outstanding teammate on an amazing team, then this job may be for you.
- 6+ years of people management and experience developing a team
- Ability to collaborate and influence key business partners with excellent interpersonal skills
- Shown success in developing effective strategies in an operational role
- Superior analytical skills and the ability to approach problems flexibly and creatively
- Expertise in effectively balancing workflow between team members, ensuring the needs of various business partners are being met
- Project management experience with demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines and deliverables
- Proven track record of driving process improvements and an unmatched desire to provide excellent customer service
- Highly capable of exercising tact and discretion
- Initiative to effectively meet the demands of multiple and sometimes conflicting internal customers
- Ability to work independently, execute multiple tasks simultaneously, and cut through ambiguity
- Attention to detail and consistent delivery of the highest quality of work
- Skilled at effectively handling and prioritizing critical issues or business critical situations
The Manager will be responsible for owning Operations, Development and Training for the SRE Team. You have the opportunity to help redefine how we approach hiring, communication, mentorship, and other tasks, transforming not just the process but the experience.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
Partner with recruiting to design, create and maintain the recruitment process and procedures
Architect innovative and scalable solutions to drive productivity on the SRE team
Provide career development and mentorship to SRE leadership team
Build and maintain a solid relationship with internal business partners and engineering leadership
Collaborate with partners to identify and resolve potential gaps
Assess and constantly strive to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the ACS SRE Team
Build a robust team by identifying and hiring top talent
Act as a single point of contact for Recruiting/HR managers regarding certain topics
Education & Experience
BA or BS