Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you'll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You'll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you'll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple's devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices.
The GPU Silicon Validation Team is responsible for validating the functional operation, electrical behavior, power, and performance of Apple's embedded GPUs. Team members are involved in test planning, test execution, data analysis, failure triage, and tool development. We work hand-in-hand with the design, verification, productization, hardware and software teams to enable world-class GPUs in the embedded space. In this role, you will be responsible for a variety of silicon validation tasks such as functional testing, silicon characterization, analyzing and reporting results, and triaging complex hardware and software issues.
- Experience with system-based silicon validation, or willingness to learn
- Fundamental understanding of system and SoC architectures
- Fundamental understanding of device physics and transistor behavior
- Experience debugging hardware and software issues in an embedded system
- Experience in C/C++ and one or more of the following scripting languages: python, TCL/expect, Perl
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Lab skills (operation of lab equipment, interested and able to work in the lab)
- Ability to work well on a team, take responsibility, and motivate self and others
Execute and report on silicon validation test plan tasks
Triage fails and debug underlying embedded GPU issues
Identify and drive improvements in validation and debug methods
Learn and support all GPU silicon validation tasks as needed
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD CE, EE, or CS