Mechanical Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Sep 23, 2019
Role Number: 200097066
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is passionate about people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. The camera hardware engineering team is responsible for all research, design, development, test, and qualification of camera hardware for apple products. We are seeking a mechanical engineer to design camera hardware modules and component parts.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2+ years of relevant experience in the design of miniature component or opto-mechanical module for high-volume products
- Proven record of project ownership and working in a fast paced environment
- Experience with electro-mechanical design for camera is a definite plus
- Key Skills:
- Mechanical design using CAD 3D molding and drafting package Experience with NX a plus
- Basic structural and thermal Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Tolerance analysis of high complexity and precision mechanical designs with excellent understanding of GD&T</span>
- Demonstrated ability design for plastic injection moulding and metal stamping for mass production
- Experience with various materials (research, selection, testing, process ability)
- Author documentations on mechanical inspection and fixture design
- PCB design experience a plus
- Experience with testing, reliability and qualification of systems
Design camera module structures and packaging in CAD. Design injection molded, sheet metal, PCB and other component parts. Author detailed 2D manufacturing and inspection drawings. Perform rigorous tolerance analysis of module designs and component parts. Interface with component part and camera manufacturing partners on design manufacturability and resolution of mechanical issues. Author clear documentation on mechanical inspection and test requirements. Direct FEA engineers on evaluation of camera designs.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Occasional travel to manufacturing partners is required
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you are applying for a position in San Francisco.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more.
- Apple's committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more.
- Apple is a drug-free workplace. Learn more.