GNSS Systems Engineer
San Diego , California , United States
Posted: Jan 27, 2020
Role Number: 200144155
Would you like to join Apple's growing wireless silicon development team? Our wireless SOC organization is responsible for all aspects of wireless silicon development with a particular emphasis on highly energy efficient design and new technologies that transform the user experience at the product level, all of which is driven by a world-class vertically integrated engineering team spanning RF/Analog architecture and design, Systems/PHY/MAC architecture and design, VLSI/RTL design and integration, Emulation, Design Verification, Test and Validation, and FW/SW engineering. As a Senior Wireless Systems Engineer, you will be a key member of our highly innovative Wireless SoC design team, defining modem architectures, driving physical-layer algorithm designs, and developing digital signal processing schemes for novel ultra-low-power wireless applications.
- At least 7 years industry experience in the areas of digital signal processing, wireless communication and chip development, and at least 5 years of experience in GNSS development.
- Strong foundation in physical layer functionality for wireless systems in areas such as detection/acquisition, synchronization, parameter estimation & tracking, etc.
- Familiarity with common analog/RF impairments encountered in GNSS and wireless systems.
- Proficiency with modeling in MATLAB and/or C/C++/System C required; familiarity with high level scripting languages such as python desirable.
- Must have implementation experience with GNSS wireless system as well as low-power design expertise.
- Experience with lab bring-up of SoC designs reaching volume production desirable.
- Experience with leading technical initiatives and key deliverables.
Partner with other systems engineers, analog/RF IC designers, digital designers and firmware engineers to derive, simulate, implement, verify and test physical layer features, to enable a variety of novel applications in the portable & wearable consumer electronics space. Work closely with analog/RF IC designers, characterizing, accounting, and calibrating for non-idealities of real-life GNSS/wireless devices. Work closely with digital designers, deriving the signal processing model, directing the IC design, simulation, verification, implementation, tape-out and post-silicon bring-up. Partition and define the interface between digital IC and firmware. Work closely with firmware engineers, deriving the signal processing model, developing baseband processing firmware and chip bring-up.
Education & Experience
BSEE with focus on digital communication & signal processing desired, MS is preferred.