Posted: Feb 26, 2020
Apple Health and Wellness is looking for an experienced Engineering Project manager to manage a highly cross-functional, and complex software project in an innovative new space. At Apple, we are obsessed with the customer experience. We are looking for people who take their passions and turn them into amazing products and services. This EPM role will be in charge of getting consensus from stakeholders, creating the plan of record, and working with HI Design, Engineering, QA, and our cross-functional partners to execute the project plan. If you're up for the challenge, we're excited to have you join our team!
PMs facilitate good communication and offer multiple levels of status across a wide spectrum of individual contributors to executive management. In addition, they will drive day-to day program activities, system build planning, execution & risk assessments to meet overall program objectives for development projects.
Our teams feature a collaborative environment with creative people and cutting edge technologies. Engineering excellence is expected and encouraged. Come, join us in crafting solutions the world doesn't know of yet!
- 5+ years of industry experience & project management experience
- Deep knowledge with software development methodology (Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, etc...)
- Experience with iOS development. Experience with hardware and server deployment a plus
- Expertise in setting up project timeline and work breakdown structures
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills with experience in presenting to senior executives
You'll lead multi-functional development teams and work with external stake holders like marketing, finance, operations. You'll improve the product development cycle by looking for patterns, offering standard methodologies and implementing change to ensure tight coordination and communication. Additional responsibilities include:
Manage and track development schedules
Identify and prioritize project tasks and risks
Interface and collaborate with Apple partners to drive products
Communicate status and the big picture to the project team and management
Synchronize the project with the Apple development process
Deliver executive communication/presentations and drive the decision-making process
Effectively and consistently communicate overall program status
Identify and resolve conflicts, inter-dependencies and program issues quickly and efficiently
Education & Experience
BS/MS or Equivalent
- Experience in Health and Wellness a plus
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience
- Possess great leadership skills and ability influence others
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in times of ambiguity