RF Front End Architect- Connectivity Hardware Design
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Jan 29, 2020
Role Number: 200146053
We have built the best RF hardware design team on the planet. We're looking for a talented individual to join our team. We support WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC, GPS, and emerging technologies like UWB. As our RF Front End Architect, you will be responsible for modeling RF front end components such as Power Amplifiers, LNAs, filters. You will be a key member of the Wireless Hardware Design engineering team, expanding the system architecture capabilities by owning the RF Front End system modeling. You will build RF line ups that can be leveraged across multiple platforms, simulate complete radio systems to understand performance, expected process variability of KPIs, and help correlate your models to actual bench measurements.
- 10+ years in wireless communications with focus on Hardware front end design
- 5+ years of experience specifically in RF front end modeling
- Fluent in at least one system-level synthesis tool (SystemVue, MatLab, etc)
- Experience in cascaded line-up analysis/synthesis to specify individual component performance requirements based on a system requirement
- Ability to distill this analysis into a detailed RF component specification document
- Excellent communication and documentation skills (written and verbal)
- Familiarity with ADS, HFSS is preferred
- Experience in world-wide regulatory compliance of radio systems is preferred
System-level synthesis and modeling, using SystemVue, MatLab, ADS, etc. Develop abstracted models for front-end components and radio blocks Develop system-level models using these models, adding realistic system impairments Include Monte-Carlo analysis scenarios to predict process variation Co-simulation of front-end, module, MLB to include component models and HFSS S-parameters Take into account system-level performance requirements, antenna architectures, radio coexistence considerations, power/size/cost constraints System-level modeling to simulate co-ex scenarios Correlate simulation results to measured data to improve simulation accuracy
Education & Experience
MS in EE required, Ph.D in EE is preferred.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.