Video Engineering Project Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Mar 4, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200156502
Technology from the Interactive Media Group (IMG) is at the heart of Apple's products. IMG is looking for a Video Engineering Project Manager to help lead software work in this area. You'll work directly with hardware and software engineers to deliver exciting new features to customers.
- 5+ years of Project Management in a high-tech environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership on major, cross-functional software projects
- Demonstrated ability to provide succinct, accurate executive summaries of complicated situations
- Experience delivering customer-facing features or projects from concept through delivery
- Self-motivated with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Able to pickup new technology quickly and have solid technology fundamentals.
- Shown success in building relationships and influencing others.
- Attention to detail essential
- Ideal for a self-starter who is highly organized.
Apple's Interactive Media Group provides the media, graphics, and audio software foundation across all of Apple's innovative products, from iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch, to Apple TV, iTunes, HomePod, Beats, and Mac. We release exciting new features for users and developers on a regular basis. As an EPM in this area, you'll own, or participate in: Creating and maintaining implementation plans for all Media team commitments across multiple operating systems. Maintaining a multi-year roadmap of commitments from and requests of the supported development teams. Defining communication between the media teams and other engineering partners. Driving cross-functional software implementation for supported teams and features. Tracking and reporting on progress, risks, and opportunities related to the project or technology area.
Education & Experience
BS/MS (EE/CS/CE a plus)
- Work experience in software development (creating applications or APIs) especially in consumer media platforms (mobile & media players) is a strong plus Technical proficiency in audio, video, and graphics is a plus (for e.g. content protection / DRM, compression and distribution of video content)