Camera Engineering Program Manager - Imaging and Depth Silicon and Semiconductor Components
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Apr 7, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200163527
Silicon and semiconductor components enable all the camera systems. To meet the expected performance and enable seamless integration into the Apple architecture, the majority of these components are custom designed and fabricated to our needs. The long lead times means that doing it right the first time is key to success. This holds true for image sensors, drivers, VCSELs alike. The Apple Camera Team is looking for an Engineering Project Manager (EPM) to drive the design, development and integration of imaging sensors and projectors into camera modules for our iPhone, iPad, Mac, and iPod products. In this highly multi-functional role, you will oversee the efforts in driving Apple suppliers to design, manufacture and integrate the world's best imaging sensors and depth technology for Apple's entire product line. In doing so, you will work with Camera Module Design, SoC, SW, Sensor engineering, and procurement teams.
- 5+ years of industry experience
- 2+ years as a team lead or manager
- Experience with international OEM/ODM silicon foundry partners
- Understanding of high volume production and test processes
- Ability to travel internationally to support our sensor and module partners
- Extraordinary listening, presentation and interpersonal skills
- A real passion for photography, digital imaging and consumer products
- One or more of the following:
- Familiar with CMOS sensors and SoCs
- Familiar with VCSEL technology
- Good knowledge of sensor performance metrics, including pixel performance parameters
- Analog and/or digital design exposure
- Silicon device manufacturing experience with fab experience a plus
You will define and drive the development schedule for multiple imaging sensors or projector components and serves as the primary point of contact for Apple with our sensor and projector suppliers. You will be the advocate for the component performance throughout the organization. In addition, you will actively seek out and ensure proper multi-functional input and review of specifications and drive efficient and thorough evaluation of components both internally and at our development partners. You are responsible for delivering components on schedule, facilitating risk management, and communicating status and issues to the development team and Apple executives. If you are a structured and focused organizer with the ability to drive a talented, passionate, experienced multi-functional team and external suppliers, this role is for you. Experience in imaging sensor or depth technology development is a requirement. Experience with project management, camera modules or mobile phone system design is a plus.
Education & Experience
BS degree EE, Materials Science or Physics required. MS degree preferred. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.