Baseband Hardware Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: May 10, 2019
Role Number: 200034018
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every single day. Are you ready to join our RF Design- Platform Architecture team?
- BSEE with 5 or more years of industry experience in:
- Mobile and/or embedded processors
- Memory systems, power supply/power management, and high speed digital interfaces
- Experience with power management circuits
- Strong analog and digital EE fundamentals
- Experience with schematic capture/layout/simulation
- Hands-on experience with prototype bring-up, test, and debug
- Familiarity with common test equipment (oscilloscopes, protocol analyzers, logic analyzers, etc.)
- Capable in scripting/programming for test automation and data manipulation/analysis (Python, Lua, Bash)
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience interacting with contract manufacturing partners
- Familiarity with the challenges of development for high-volume manufacturing.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator, consistent track recorda of working in a dynamic cross functional team.
- Well organized and have the ability to be flexible in a changing work environment.
- Basic knowledge of wireless standards and RF fundamentals, not required, but nice to have
Be a part of a best-in-class design team responsible for the architecture, design, implementation, and integration of the baseband systems for all Apple products. You will be familiar with computer system architecture and digital design. You also work with cross-functional engineering groups. Day-to-day tasks will include: Schematic capture PCB Design Prototype bring-up and debugging, failure analysis, functional verification, and manufacturing support Collaboration with technology suppliers, vendors, cross-functional staff, and contract manufacturers
Education & Experience
BSEE or equivalent required; MSEE or equivalent preferred