Software Engineer: Display and Image Processing
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Mar 4, 2020
Role Number: 200028557
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Are you ready to join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product? Are you passionate about changing the world? We have a critical impact on getting high quality functional products to millions of customers quickly and we are hiring all levels from junior to senior roles. You will be doing block and system-level validation of display processing subsystems in silicon.
- You have the following experience:
- Strong software skills in C/C++
- Experience with video or image signal processing hardware pipelines (e.g. raw video processing)
- Experience with hardware/software interaction
- Knowledge of video formats and color spaces
- Embedded software experience is a must. Device driver experience a plus
- Interest in writing software to validate the correct operation of hardware
- Knowledge of display-related IO interfaces (MIPI, display port)
- You will work with logic designers to understand the operation of image processing and display pipelines at the block and system levels. - Investigate the use cases, system-level operation, performance requirements - You will be developing low-level software to validate functionality, conformance, and performance of display processing subsystems. - Work with other members of the validation team to incorporate your tests into system-level tests. - Bring-up and debug devices on new hardware platforms.
Education & Experience
BS / MS / Ph.D. in EE or CS is required