Display Electrical Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Jun 4, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200066278
We are seeking an enthusiastic electrical engineer to join our Display Engineering Team and work on products that delight consumers around the world. This is a design engineering position that entails working with multi-functional groups to continually innovate the technology implemented in Apple's products.
- 5+ years significant industry experience crafting consumer electronics and/or embedded systems
- Should demonstrate strong EE fundamentals (analog/digital design, signal/power integrity, etc.)
- Should demonstrate strong verbal and written communications
- Experience in a lab environment using oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, frequency counters, etc.
- Should have experience leading high volume products from concept to mass production by contract manufacturers
- Experience with leading PCB technology and electrical design and characterization of the following areas: Differential serial links (e.g. LPDP, MIPI) and I2C/SPI/UART buses.
- Experience in one or more of: MCU, power (DC-DC converters, power management, low power design), analog circuits, display technology, and system integration.
- Expertise in board CAD tools including Cadence Concept & Allegro
- Experience in modeling power consumption for various usage condition
- Experience in predicting hardware performance by simulation
- Experience in CPLD/FPGA is a plus
- Experience in capacitive multi-touch is a plus
- Apply your engineering expertise and work with cross-functional teams to realize products that consumers will love - Tackle meaningful engineering problems by selecting components, crafting schematics, directing layout, and bringing-up/debugging circuits in the lab - Collaborate with a large number of groups including PD, DFM, RF Design, Software, HW Test, etc. to bring a product from concept to mass production - Have access to state of the art test equipment in labs to perform characterization of your circuits - Define test criteria and execute these test plans on functional prototypes to demonstrate the robustness of your designs - Occasionally travel domestically and overseas to work with our manufacturing partners to ensure success of the product - Grow and develop your skills in a dynamic reciprocal environment
Education & Experience
BACHELORS OR MASTERS DEGREE IN ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING OR EQUIVALENT
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.