Hardware System Integrator Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Feb 6, 2020
Role Number: 200143633
We're a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining what's possible to help us all do what we love in new ways. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch, as well as with services, including iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, and Apple Pay. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. We are seeking a Hardware System Integrator to join our Engineering Team and work on revolutionary products. This is a design engineering position that entails working with cross- functional groups to continually open up the boundaries of technology implemented in Apple's products.
- 5+ years relevant industry experience designing consumer electronics and/or embedded systems
- Strong Electrical Engineering fundamentals (analog/digital design, signal/power integrity, etc.)
- Comfortable in a lab environment using oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, frequency counters, etc.
- Experience designing high volume products from beginning to end and dealing with contract manufacturers is highly desired.
- Familiar with leading PCB technology and electrical design and characterization of the following areas: DDR3/4, PCIe gen3, USB3, LPDP, MIPI and I2C/SPI/UART buses.
- Knowledge in one or more of the following areas: CPU/SOC, power(DC-DC converters, battery, power management, low power design), analog circuits, audio/camera/display/ wireless integration and measurement, sensor design and integration.
- Expertise in board CAD tools including Cadence Concept & Allegro
Upon joining our team as a Hardware System Integrator, you will be directly applying your engineering expertise and working with many cross-functional teams to realize products that consumers will love! We collaborate with a large number of groups including: PD, DFM, RF Design, Software, HW test, and many others to bring a product from concept to mass production.
Our goal is to help define exciting product features that will touch our customers. Therefore you'll have the ability to solve challenging engineering problems by selecting components, designing schematics, directing layout and bringing up/ debugging circuits in the lab
You will have access to state of the art test equipment in labs to perform characterization of your circuits. You will also be able to define test criteria and execute these test plans on functional prototypes to demonstrate the robustness of your designs
Our team does occasionally travel domestically and oversees so that we are able to work alongside our manufacturing partners to ensure success of the product
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent