Software Engineer in Test
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Apr 8, 2020
Role Number: 200164288
The Software Platform team develops OS and frameworks as part of the Special Projects Group at Apple working on autonomous technology. We are responsible for the system level analysis, design and development of software to support new hardware projects. We work with teams across our projects and Apple to implement and integrate with highly optimized signal processing, machine learning and computer vision pipelines on custom silicon in real time systems.
- Strong Python and BASH experience for test automation
- 1-2 years of experience working with hardware based automation systems
- Strong system level integration and debugging skills
- Able to communicate ideas and issues clearly across the software and hardware organizations
- Experience integrating with software test metric databases and reporting systems
- Experience with robotics, cameras, IMUs, and other long rang sensors a plus
- Experience with C, C++, embedded Linux or RTOS a plus
The Software Engineer in Test (SWET) on the Software Platform Frameworks team will be responsible for automating and maintaining regression tests that run on autonomous systems. These tests verify and validate the functional behavior of mission critical, highly complex embedded real time systems. Help us develop the best tested software of its kind in the autonomous systems industry.
Education & Experience
Preferred Mechatronics/CE/EE/CS or equivalent engineering programs