Signal Integrity - RF Integrity Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Aug 7, 2019
Role Number: 200089262
Do you like to work on groundbreaking technologies that enable amazing new products? Do you have the attention for details and love for perfection to work towards an extraordinary result? We are looking for a talented and passionate RF Integrity Engineer for Apple's IC Packaging team. As an RFI (RF Integrity) Engineer, you will engage with cross-disciplinary teams to develop SOCs that will be used in Apple's mobile devices. You are specifically responsible for developing novel methodology to solve very complex coupling issues, mitigating multi-radio coexistence problems at IC, package/module, and systems, as well as executing RF design integration topologies. Prior RF circuit design and EM modeling experience is highly preferred.
- 3+ years of working experience in RFIC or RF circuit beyond graduate school studies.
- Working knowledge of mobile product crosstalk and desense problems.
- Strong fundamentals in 3D/2D EM simulation tools and transmission line theory.
- Experience with RF lab equipment, such as VNA, real-time scope, spectrum analyzer, radio communication tester, and RF diagnostic chamber.
- Strong academic training and knowledge on fundamentals of SI and PI issues is a plus
- Familiar with RFIC design and simulation.
- Deep understanding on wireless transceiver designs, architecture, and integration is preferred.
- Familiar with RF impairment from block to transceiver level, including amplifier, filter and PLL. as well as knowledge on Communication Theory. Basic understanding for QAM, OFDM, MIMO, etc is a plus.
RF circuit design and validation at IC, package/module, or board level. Electrical designs of packages/modules and boards for minimal EMI EM modeling/simulations of EMI issues in silicon, packages/modules, and boards. Working with package, system, and product engineering teams to debug and improve desense and EMI performance. Develop and execute test plans in lab to validate coupling, desense and emission, as well as their impact on system performance. RF System modeling and link-budgeting for multi-radio coexistence mitigation.
Education & Experience
Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field, and Ph.D. is preferred.