Posted: Feb 11, 2020
Do you like to be around people who love technology, and you like to be around technology that loves people? Apple offers a work environment unlike any other. There's the typical job. Punch in, push paper, punch out, repeat. Then there's a career at Apple. Where you're encouraged to defy routine. To explore the far reaches of the possible. To travel uncharted paths. And to be a part of something far bigger than yourself. Because around here, changing the world just comes with the job description.
The people here at Apple don't just build products - we craft the kind of wonder that's revolutionised entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
If you are passionate about innovating to deliver insights through large-scale data solutions, then Apple's Global Business Intelligence BI Application Manager role is for you. Work with a team of committed Data Analytics professionals, applying your standout combination of intuition for business and technical knowledge.
We lead enterprise data stores with petabytes of data, process billions of rows of data in batch and real-time to provide solutions to our users helping them gain insight and to make informed business decisions. The Global Business Intelligence team provides data services, analytics, reporting and data science solutions to Apple's business groups including Retail, iTunes, Marketing, AppleCare, Operations, Finance and Sales. We utilize diverse technology stacks such as Teradata, HANA, Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra and beyond. Designing, developing and scaling these Big Data technologies is a core part of our daily job.
- Extensive understanding of global corporate business processes and their relationship to technology
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Thrive in a dynamic environment, maintaining composure and a positive attitude
- Solid understanding of development processes and agile methodologies
- Successful track record managing solutions from requirements analysis, to feature definition to deployment and throughout out its usable life
- Proactively initiate, develop, and maintain effective working relationships with team members
- The successful interaction with teams in an on/off shore model is important
- Knowledge of one or more database technologies (Teradata, Oracle, Hadoop) and experienced in Cloud Technologies
- Experience with business analytics products like Tableau
- Proficiency in writing Advanced SQLs, experience with data science and machine learning tools and technologies is a plus
Apple is looking for a BI Application Manager to join our team. You will engage directly with key business partners to build strong relationships and understand their business strategies and solution needs. You and your team will create and own solution roadmaps, and design and deliver high quality, scalable and resilient business solutions. You will need to translate complex business requirements into scalable technical solutions that meet these needs and are in line with the solution's strategic roadmap.
The BI Application Manager will lead a strong engineering team in strategy and direction setting, executing to the roadmap and delivering to quality focused development standards. You should have application delivery experience, and be equally relaxed working with the business and driving technical design discussions. You should be passionate about data and its nuances.
You will be responsible for ownership of one or more applications. You will work with business partners to understand their goals and requirements and will define application features and strategic roadmaps to meet those needs, In addition, you will be encouraged to keep abreast of, and plan for, technology changes as applicable to your solution landscape and industry standard methodologies. You will have overall ownership of application features and will drive engineering teams in building them.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree, experience in Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence space