Cellular Systems Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Sep 11, 2019
Role Number: 200101630
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Are you ready to join a team transforming hardware technology? We are searching for a talented engineer with 5+/- years experience to join our exciting team of innovators. In this role, you will be a key member of the wireless architecture team working on modem systems architecture aspects for the L1/physical layer.
- In-depth knowledge on wireless communication system (OFDM/MIMO, etc.)
- Experience in wireless standards a significant plus (5G-NR/4G LTE/ UMTS/GSM/CDMA)
- Upper layer protocol design including MAC, RLC, PDCP, RRC, NAS, IMS, TCP/IP helpful. Knowledge of the PHY layer is a plus
- Understanding of end to end system involving the UE and network is desired
- Experience with Matlab or Python and/or C/C++ for algorithm development, modeling, and simulation.
-You will write system specifications and requirements for 3GPP MAC/RLC/PDCP and RRC/NAS, IMS development teams -You may participate in 3GPP RAN2 meetings to steer and support HW and SW organizations building state of the art wireless modems. -You will develop and run C/C++ simulations to help model the design and analyze the performance of the data plane and control plane of the modem architecture
Education & Experience
MS with a minimum of 7 years experience or Ph.D. with 5 years experience.