Storage Performance Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Nov 11, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200114187
Join the team responsible for ensuring highest quality for storage technology at the heart of products known to surprise and delight our customers. Our team designs and implements a large scale simulation to drive the SSD and NAND flash controller development in all of Apple's products. This is a highly entrepreneurial team, always looking for innovative ways to improve status quo and solve difficult problems in new and better ways. We are looking for an exceptionally talented software engineer to join the storage simulation and data analysis team. A successful candidate will be capable of writing firmware in C, analyzing large datasets in Python, and work with Apple's cloud compute infrastructure to enable large scale SSD simulations. You will work in a fast paced environment, interacting directly with the embedded engineers within the team as well as cross functional teams (e.g. File System, Kernel, etc.). The nature of the position requires the candidate to have excellent communication skills, strong technical and debugging skills, along with a drive to make a difference.
- Solid C/C++ programmer with emphasis on data structures & algorithms
- Proficient with Python, backend programming and databases
- Experience with storage technologies is highly desired (SSD, file systems, etc.)
- Experience with file-system and SSD workloads and performance analysis is highly desired.
Design and develop new NAND and Flash Management (FTL) simulation features Enhance our cluster compute capabilities, database and backend Characterize storage workloads and I/O patterns Rapidly adapt to new priorities and product definition changes to ensure highest quality for customer use cases We are looking for a candidate who is self-driven, can constantly research and suggest latest technologies, independently troubleshoot technical issues, and work jointly with the FTL and storage teams to build better products.
Education & Experience
MS/Phd in Computer Engineering/Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience/skills
- Additional Desired Experience
- Familiarity with filesystems
- I/O Workload and performance analysis
- macOS development
- Distributed compute technologies
- Data analysis and data visualization
- Experience with Objective-C or Swift
- Embedded device drivers in RTOS environments