Windows Applications Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Apr 13, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200162469
Imagine what you could do here to help hundreds of millions of Apple customers get the most out of their current and future devices. Does creating new features that bring together software, hardware and services for our users excite you? Are you passionate about user experience? Do you have a keen eye for great design? The Setup and Migration team is looking for a committed, highly competent engineer to contribute to current and future versions of the Windows Migration application, which provides users an easy and reliable way to set up and configure MacOS devices from their Windows devices.
- Passion to create amazing products which users will love.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- Experience implementing applications or frameworks for the Windows platform.
- Experience implementing client to server network communications.
- Experience developing and shipping consumer-oriented applications.
- You will join a hands-on development team that feeds creativity and generates novel solutions to deliver engineering perfection.
- We partner with a variety of cross- and multi-functional team members from groups across the company.
- Familiarity with Apple application UI guidelines, platforms and technologies is highly desirable but not required.
- Your excitement for product ownership and track record of product development will prove critical to your success on our team.
- You will prioritize tasks with rapid development cycles, remaining flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty.
- Be ready to make something great when you come here. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it.
- You have excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- We value your passion for hard work and creativity.
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills.
- Thorough knowledge of Windows applications and Microsoft development environments is necessary, and expert knowledge of one or more of C, C++, or Objective-C is required.
- Ability to stay focused and prioritize a heavy workload while achieving extraordinary quality.
- We are looking for upbeat, adaptable, and results-oriented with a positive attitude.
- You bring passion and dedication to your job, and are committed to our vision and supporting the developer community!
The Setup and Migration team is responsible for the Windows Migration application and related frameworks. Our application is used to provide users with an easy way to configure their Apple computer from a Windows device. You will be engaged from early feature concepts to final feature polish, interacting with multi-functional software and services teams continuously. You possess the technical knowledge and collaboration and communication skills necessary for success as a dependable member of our team. A passion for elegant design, innovative technologies, and continuously improving one's skill set are also important success factors. In this role, you will work on a variety of technologies including a deep knowledge of Microsoft Windows and the Windows file system, and will have proven experience developing and releasing products into the consumer marketplace. This experience will include knowledge of NTFS, Windows networking, installer development, testing methodologies, and preparing products for online distribution. Experience developing and delivering a product for the Microsoft Store is highly desirable. An ability to work successfully within a fast-paced product development organization is essential. Your software design skills and knowledge of systems programming lets you build solid applications and frameworks. Adopting the best testing practices allows you to find and fix bugs early. You're a tinkerer at heart, and writing great software is just one of your creative outlets. Are you searching for a place to perform some of the best work of your life? We would be excited to have you join our team!
Education & Experience
BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience