Process Development Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Nov 18, 2019
Role Number: 200123035
The Depth Hardware group at Apple develops depth sensing hardware such as the revolutionary TrueDepth camera that powers FaceID. This multi-disciplinary group of engineers is responsible for architecture, research, and manufacturing development of these highly complex sensing systems for Apple products. The Depth Hardware team is seeking an exceptional Process Development Engineer to lead new manufacturing process development for camera hardware modules and components.
- 5+ years experience leading manufacturing process development in at least one of the following fields: semiconductor front or back end, Opto-Mechanical process development, wafer optics, or panel optics
- Experience working with subcontractors on material development and process engineering
- Experience with high volume manufacturing ramps, and transition from development to production
- Flexibility to tackle challenges in new areas, and to apply a broad foundation of knowledge to identify methods of investigation and study
- Ability to communicate technical information to a broad audience in order to build understanding and support
Work as the key process engineer supporting complex modules Lead DFM and new product design reviews Provide leadership in the areas of modules assembly, materials, equipment, processes, reliability, and testing Participate in the assessment and selection of vendors Work with vendors to develop MP intent equipment, process and materials Travel to vendor sites will be required
Education & Experience
BS with 5+ years of experience or MS/ PhD degree with 3+ in Materials Science Engineering, Physics or equivalent Familiar with quality tools: Data collection and analysis, process control via SPC, Design of Experiment Proficient verbal and written english language skills.